For students attending: City Colleges of Chicago
Who plan to major in: Communication: Journalism of Science
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENGLISH 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: Comparative Religion, Fine Arts, History, Humanities, Literature, or Philosophy (not PHIL 105).
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology, Economics (not ECON 133), Geography, Political Science, Psychology (not PSYCH 240), Social Sciences, or Sociology.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course.
- E. Math and Science - Choose 21 hours of additional math and science electives. Choose from MATH 125, 208, 209, 210, 212 and/or courses not already required from the following subjects: Biology, Botany, Chemistry or Physics (not 102, 131 or 132). Two courses must be in the same field, and at least one course must be in a different field.
- G. Free Electives - Choose four courses with an IAI designation.
- H. Minor Electives - The Communication curriculum requires a 15 semester hour minor. A maximum of three minor courses may be completed at City Colleges of Chicago. Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs for additional information regarding minors.
II. Required courses for the Communication: Journalism of Science degree:
|CCC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MATH 207||Calculus & Analytic Geometry I||MATH 151|
||Biology I||BIOL 107|
|CHEMISTRY 201||General Chemistry I||CHEM 124|
|PHYSICS 235||Mechanics & Wave Motion||PHYS 123|
|BIOLOGY 115 or CHEMISTRY 203 or PHYSICS 236||Human Biology or General Chemistry II or Electricity & Magnetism||BIOL 115 or CHEM 125 or PHYS 221|
|CIS 102 or 142||Introduction to Programming Logic or C-based Programming Language||CS 110 or CS 105|
Updated October 2018