For students attending: City Colleges of Chicago
Who plan to major in: Communication: General Communication
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENGLISH 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: Comparative Religion, Fine Arts, History, Humanities, Literature, or Philosophy (not PHIL 105).
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology, Economics (not ECON 133), Geography, Political Science, Psychology (not PSYCH 240), Social Sciences, or Sociology.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course.
- E. Science - Choose 10 hours from the following subjects: Astronomy, Biology, Botany, Chemistry or Physics. Two courses must be in the same field, and at least one course must be in a different field.
- F. Free Electives - Choose four courses with an IAI designation.
- G. Minor Electives - The Communication curriculum requires a 15 semester hour minor. A maximum of three minor courses may be completed at City Colleges of Chicago. Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs for additional information regarding minors.
II. Required courses for the Communication: General Communication degree:
|CCC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MATH 125||Introductory Statistics||BUS 221 (Math Elective)|
||General Education Math||MATH 130 (Math Elective)|
|CIS 102 or 142||Introduction to Programming Logic or C-based Programming Language||CS 110 or CS 105|
Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding the course equivalencies.
Updated February 2019