For students attending: City Colleges of Chicago
Who plan to major in: Business Administration
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENGLISH 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: Comparative Religion, Fine Arts, History, Humanities, Literature, or Philosophy (not PHIL 105).
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology, Geography, Political Science, Psychology (not PSYCH 240), Social Sciences, or Sociology.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course.
- E. Science Electives - Choose four courses from the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology, Physics, or ASTR 201. Two courses must be in the same subject, and at least one course must be in a different subject.
- F. Free Electives - Choose three courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Business Administration degree:
|CCC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MATH 207||Calculus and Analytic Geometry I||MATH 151|
|MATH 125 or MATH 216||Introductory Statistics or Statistics for Business Majors||BUS 221|
CIS 102 or CIS 103
|Introduction to Programming Logic or Fundamentals of Programming||CS 110|
|CIS 120||Introduction to Microcomputers||BUS 102|
|ECON 201||Principles of Economics I||ECON 152|
|ECON 202||Principles of Economics II||ECON 151|
|BUSINESS 181||Financial Accounting||BUS 211|
|BUSINESS 182||Managerial Accounting||BUS 212|
|BUSINESS 211||Business Law I||BUS 341|
|BUSINESS 231||Marketing||BUS 371|
|BUSINESS 269||Principles of Management||BUS 301|
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated January 2019