For students attending: City Colleges of Chicago
Who plan to major in: Behavioral Health and Wellness
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENGLISH 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: Comparative Religion, Fine Arts, History, Humanities, Literature, or Philosophy (not PHIL 105).
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology, Economics (not ECON 133), Geography, Political Science, Psychology (not PSYCH 201, 211 or 213), Social Sciences, or Sociology (not SOC 201).
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course.
- E. Mathematics - Choose either MATH 118, MATH 143, MATH 144 or 204.
- F. Science or Engineering - Choose 11 hours from the following subjects: Astronomy, Biology, Botany, Chemistry or Physics. Two courses must be in the same field, and at least one course must be in a different field. At least one Biology course is required. BIOL 114, 115 or 121 are recommended.
- G. Free Electives - Choose five courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Behavioral Health and Wellness degree:
|CCC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|CIS 102 or CIS 142
||Introduction to Programming Logic or C-Based Programming Language||CS 110 or CS 105|
|PSYCH 201||General Psychology||PSYC 221|
|PSYCH 211||Social Psychology||PSYC 310|
|PSYCH 213||Abnormal Psychology||PSYC 303 (See Note 1)|
|SOC 201||Introduction to the Study of Society||SOC 200|
Note 1) Required for the Health Psychology specialization only.
Please contact Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding course equivalencies.
Updated February 2019