For students attending: City Colleges of Chicago
Who plan to major in: Applied Analytics
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENGLISH 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: Comparative Religion, Fine Arts, History, Humanities, Literature, or Philosophy (not PHIL 105).
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology, Economics (not ECON 133), Geography, Political Science, Psychology (not PSYCH 240), Social Sciences, or Sociology.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course.
- E. Science - Choose 10 hours from the following subjects: Astronomy, Biology, Botany, Chemistry or Physics. Two courses must be in the same field, and at least one course must be in a different field.
- F. Free Electives - Choose ten courses with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Applied Analytics degree:
|CCC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MATH 207||Calculus and Analytic Geometry I||MATH 151|
||Calculus and Analytic Geometry II||MATH 152|
|MATH 209||Calculus and Analytic Geometry III||MATH 251|
|CIS 144||Java-based Programming Language||CS 115 and 116|
|CIS 244||Advanced Java-based Programming Language||CS 331 (see note 1)|
- Business/Economics: Choose MATH 125, ECON 201 and ECON 202
- Psychology: Choose PSYCH 201
- Social Sciences/Humanities: MATH 125
Note 1) This course will apply towards the Data Structures and Management Elective.
Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding the course equivalencies.
Updated February 2019