For students attending: City Colleges of Chicago
Who plan to major in: Applied Cybersecurity and Information Technology
THIS GUIDELINE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
I. Core Curriculum Electives
- A. Basic Writing Proficiency – A grade of “C” or better in ENGLISH 101 will complete this requirement.
- B. Humanities – Choose one course from the following subjects: Comparative Religion, Fine Arts, History, Humanities, Literature, or Philosophy (not PHIL 105).
- C. Social Sciences – Choose one course from the following subjects: Anthropology, Economics (not ECON 133), Geography, Political Science, Psychology (not PSYCH 240), Social Sciences, or Sociology.
- D. Humanities or Social Sciences – Choose an additional course from section B or section C, or a foreign language course.
- E. Science - Choose 10 hours from the following subjects: Astronomy, Biology, Botany, Chemistry or Physics. Two courses must be in the same field, and at least one course must be in a different field.
- F. Free Electives - Choose one course with an IAI designation.
II. Required courses for the Applied Cybersecurity and Information Technology degree:
|CCC COURSE||TITLE||IIT EQUIVALENT|
|MATH 207||Calculus and Analytic Geometry I||MATH 151|
|MATH 208||Calculus and Analytic Geometry II||MATH 152|
|MATH 209||Calculus and Analytic Geometry III||MATH 251|
|MATH 146||Discrete Mathematics||MATH 230|
|CIS 142||C-Based Programming Language||ITM 312|
|CIS 144||Introduction to JAVA Programming Language||ITM 311|
Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs with any questions regarding the course equivalencies.
Updated October 2018