Prior to Departure
You must complete these forms in your Study Abroad Application:
- Signed travel abroad waiver
- Emergency contact details
- Copy of your passport identification page
- Copy of your health insurance card. Make sure you confirm in writing that insurance coverage extends to international travel
- Copy of your travel insurance policy
- Signed pre-departure checklist.
- You will also be required to submit your contact information in the host country while you are abroad, including address, cell phone number, apartment phone number and an emergency contact person.
Documents to Take Abroad
- A PDF version of this document
- An International Student Card (ISIC) from http://www.myisic.com. It is the only document internationally accepted as proof of your student status. Although you are not required to carry an ISIC card some of the benefits of ISIC are:
- Access to special student airfares
- Student prices on coach, rail and ferry travel abroad
- Access to the worldwide student travel office network
- Savings on accommodation, sightseeing and entertainment
- Access to the ISIC 24 hour free helpline, this can help with health, legal and general emergencies
- Approved Course List
- With Bonus Courses, these will be particularly useful if courses you have selected become unavailable. You can refer to your bonus selections.
- Spare Passport Photos
- Copies of your passport, insurance certificates and birth certificate; this will help enormously if you need to replace the origanals at any point. A driver’s license can also be a useful form of identification and proof of age.