student hiring POLICies
The Electronic Payroll Authorization Form (EPAF) system for student hires requires that supervisors of student employees, timesheet approvers or proxies, and any administrative personnel who submit PAs complete training and pass an associated quiz before hiring students. If you have completed training, the Student EPAF channel and the workflow worklist channel will automatically appear, within 72 hours, in your MyIIT portal. Read more about this training here.
Resources for Faculty and Staff
The SEO has developed useful resources for supervisors of student employees for hiring, training and evaluation, including: interview questions with screening template, student onboarding checklist, warning notice form, request for additional hours (temporary), student employment acknowledgement letter, a performance evaluation template, and more. See the resources here or on our Forms and Documents page.
- Fall Hiring Dates: To hire new students for the FALL 2017 semester, use the Electronic Payroll Authorization Form (EPAF) in the MyIIT portal, using the dates 08/21/17 – 05/31/18. Reminder, use Academic Year 2018 for all of your Fall hiring.
- Spring Hiring Date: (New Hires Only) To hire new students for the SPRING 2018 semester, begin submitting the Electronic Payroll Authorization Form (EPAF) in the MyIIT portal 01/03/2018.
- Students can only work up to 20 hours during the academic year. All jobs combined.
Federal Work-Study Allocations
- As of fall 2016: 65% of students' earnings will come from the FWS program
- The remaining 35% will be paid by the department up to the eligible award amount.
Students are not permitted to work until their employment documents have been submitted and approved. Supervisors and student hires will receive an employment authorization email from the Student Employment Office when paperwork is processed and approved.
Please follow processes on this website for hiring students.