Illinois Institute of Technology participates in CTA's UPass program. The CTA U-Pass offers unlimited rides for students on any CTA bus or train during the semester. CTA transitioned to the Ventra Upass card in August 2013 and you will keep the same Ventra Upass card for five years. When school is not in session or you do not qualify as a full-time student you will be able to add money to your card and use it as a transit card. More information on your Ventra UPass can be found here.
Only students who are registered for full time academic hours (Grad students - 9 hours, Undergrad students -12 hours) are eligible to participate in the U-Pass program. The U-Pass fee of $135.00 is a mandatory fee for all full time students and can only be waived by distance learning students who reside 50 miles or more from main campus. All requests to waive the UPass fee must be submitted by email each semester to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the 4th week of classes. Requests submitted after the 4th week will not be considered.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Vickie Tolbert in the Office of Student Affairs (MTC 209 or email@example.com). If you miss the initial UPass distribution date, you can pick up your UPass in the Office of the Student Affairs (MTCC 209).
If you are transferring from another institution and already have a Ventra Upass card, you may be able to have it transferred to IIT . Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, student ID number, name of the college you are transferring from and the 16 digit number on the back of your card.
If you have misplaced your UPass, you can order a replacement card online.
Notes about U-Pass
- Only you can use your U-Pass.You cannot share or sell your U-pass. If this rule is violated and your UPass is confiscated your UPass privileges will be canceled by CTA for a full year (you will still be charged the UPass fee).
- You cannot use your U-Pass on Metra or Pace.
- If you drop below full time during the semester, you must notify Vickie Tolbert (email@example.com) in the Office of the Dean of Students immediately. Failure to do so will result in deactivation of your UPass and no refund of the UPass fee.
Fall 2015 Dates
Main Campus, ID and Stuart
- For the Fall semester your UPass will be active from August 21, 2015 through December 11, 2015
- Make sure you do not have an outstanding balance on your Ventra account. If you do, your UPass will not activate until the balance is cleared. Check your balance and UPass status here .
- For questions about your balance contact Ventra at 877-669-8368
- Pictures will be taken on August 14, 2015 between 10 - 3 in the MTCC ballroom (ID students, please see Cassandra Watson on the 4th floor). Upass distribution will begin August 21, 2015.
- On August 21 and August 24 please come to the MTCC ballroom between 10 -4 to apply for or pick up your UPass. After the August 24, you will come to the Office of Student Affairs (MTCC 209)
- Upasses will activate on August 21, 2015 for returning students who are registered full time by noon August 14th. After August 14th information to CTA will be provided every Friday morning until the add/drop date. If you become full time after August 14th and would like your UPass activated sooner than the default schedule allows, please email the Office of Student Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org . Once we receive your request your UPass will activate within 48 hours.