open enrollment has ended for the spring term
Mandatory Health Insurance Policy for All Admits
Please note: All students will be added to the Illinois Tech Student Health Insurance Plan once enrolled in one academic credit hour of class. Accounts will be billed according to the term of entry (see enrollment and premium information)
The Illinois Institute of Technology, committed to the health and welfare of all its students, requires all students, who have registered for one academic credit hour or more, to have health insurance. Students who have their own health insurance and wish to opt-out must complete a Student Health Insurance Waiver. Failure to complete the waiver will result in a student being enrolled and charged the Health Insurance Fee. Students who are not eligible for the Health Insurance but wish to opt in can enroll in the program by contacting the Student Health and Wellness Center at 312-567-7550 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to waive the student health insurance plan is September 1st. You can access the electronic waiver here: click here
Student Health Insurance Plan
We are pleased to offer our students health insurance coverage through Aetna Student Health. Here you will find some general information about our insurance plan and instructions on how to enroll or waive the Illinois Tech insurance plan.
Your coverage will begin January 5, 2019 and continue through August 9, 2019. Health Insurance cards and documents will not be mailed out. You can log on to Aetna Student Health’s website and use the Print Your Insurance Card tab, or contact Aetna at 800.841.3140 to request one be mailed to you.
Waive the student health insurance plan by January 26th
Please Note: Not all forms of health insurance are accepted to waive the student plan.
Please Note: Students are not permitted to waive the IIT student health insurance plan if they have coverage through:
A travel insurance company
A company outside of the United States
A company that only provides monthly coverage
A life insurance company
You must also be able to answer yes to the following questions.
1. My plan is provided by an entity or carrier that is approved to do business in the United States and is ACA compliant (100% for preventative care and contraceptive coverage, immunizations and screening test; pregnancy as any other illness or injury; unlimited benefits).
2. My plan is currently active or will be active by the first day of class and I agree to maintain health insurance coverage throughout the 18/19 academic year.
3. My plan includes coverage for all pre-existing conditions with no waiting period.
4. My plan provides coverage for all essential benefits without limitation.
5. My plan does not require me to pay out of pocket for services and then get reimbursed.
*This is not the same as a co-payment or your deductible
6. My plan offers an unlimited policy year maximum.
7. My plan’s deductible is less than $6,001.
8. My plan provides in-patient care (including mental health care) and outpatient care (including office visits, out-patient mental health care and ancillary procedures). Coverage for emergency-only care does not satisfy this requirement.
9. My plan has coverage for injuries or illnesses that occur as a result of alcohol, drugs or attempted suicide as any other illness or injury.
If you are enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan, you may also purchase coverage for your eligible dependents. All eligible dependents enrolling for coverage must submit an Enrollment form to Aetna Benefit Planning Insurance Agent, Inc. You can enroll them online on Aetna Student Health’s website.
Are you graduating
Are you graduating or only need coverage for the fall term? Complete our "fall only" form by or before January 26th. If you choose to enroll in our "fall only" option, your coverage will be valid from August 10, 2018 - January 5, 2019. The cost of your coverage will be $600. You will need to be logged in to your myiit portal to access the fall only form.
Deadline for submission is January 26th.
Health insurance cards and other insurance documents are mailed upon request only. You may contact Aetna Student Health directly at 800.841.3140. You may also create your profile to access these documents through your smart device.