(tentatative) - Special Vaccine Times - Week of December 10th
Wednesday - 1-4pm
Thursday - 9-11am
Friday - 1-4pm
It has come to our attention that Illinois state law has changed and now requires all students enrolled half time or more to submit proof of three (3) doses of DTP, DTaP, DT, Td, or Tdap, with one dose being Tdap and one dose (any combination DTP, DTaP, DT, Td, or Tdap) having been administered within the past 10 years.
We understand that you may have already uploaded your vaccine record to Med+Proctor. If you have submitted proof of three (3) DTP, DTaP, DT, Td, or Tdap, with one dose being Tdap and one dose (any combination DTP, DTaP, DT, Td, or Tdap) having been administered within the past 10 years, we will be working to update your account.
If you submitted proof of only one dose of DTP, DTaP, DT, Td, or Tdap to Med+Proctor, you will need to upload documentation demonstrating that you have received two additional doses (in order to meet the above requirement).
Who Must Receive Vaccinations?
- All students currently enrolled at least half time at Illinois Tech must submit proof of vaccinations within one week of the start of classes.
Which Vaccinations Are Required?
- 3 doses of TD/DTP/DTAP (DTP, DTaP, DT, Td, or Tdap), with one dose being Tdap and one dose (any combination DTP, DTaP, DT, Td, or Tdap) having been administered within the past 10 years
- 2 doses of MMR (measles-mumps-rubella combined), both doses administered on/after your first birthday
- 1 meningococcal vaccine administered on/after your 16th birthday (if you are between the ages of 16–22)
How Should You Submit Proof of Vaccinations?
- Illinois Tech requires students to submit all proof of vaccinations via Med+Proctor, our electronic medical clearance platform (see instructions on the Student Health and Wellness Center website).
- Please note that Med+Proctor requires 5–7 business days to process and verify your documentation.
What Is Valid Proof of Vaccinations?
- Completed Med+Proctor Immunization Form
- Other documentation such as a letter or vaccination record on physician’s office letterhead
- Each document uploaded to Med+Proctor must have a clinic stamp/seal and your health care provider’s signature.
Where You Can Receive Vaccinations?
- Illinois Tech’s Student Health and Wellness Center, 3rd Floor, IIT Tower
- Any local pharmacy (such as CVS, Walgreens, Target)
- Your primary care physician’s office
- All clinics both in and out of state are acceptable as long as your documentation has a clinic stamp/seal and a health care provider’s signature.
What Happens If You Are Not in Compliance?
- If you are not in compliance by January 10, 2019, your class schedule and registration may be affected.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com or come see us on the 3rd floor of IIT Tower.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to comply with Illinois state law.
Illinois State law and IL Tech requires university students who are enrolled at least half-time to be immunized against certain communicable diseases. You are required to submit proof of your immunizations to the Student Health and Wellness Center. The SHWC clinical staff can provide the appropriate immunizations should you need them.
Appointments for vaccines cannot be made online through the Patient Portal.
Flu Shots are available During Immunization Walk-in hours only
Submitting my immunization records
We are pleased to announce Med + Proctor, an electronic medical clearance platform, as our new innovative strategy to monitor and collect your immunization information. As you know, IL State law requires documentation of childhood vaccines when entering a secondary institution. Med + Proctor is HIPPA and FERPA compliant.
This new strategy of monitoring immunization compliance will streamline your clearance and help you avoid unnecessary holds that prevent registration. This will allow you to focus on other important matters as you prepare for your successful tenure at IL Tech.
There is a $10.00 fee to set up your Med + Proctor account. Membership provides lifetime access to your immunization data that can be shared with others as you designate.
How do I use Med +Proctor?
First, you will need to set up your iit.edu email account. Then register within the Med + Proctor site by visiting Med + Proctor; click “register” to start a new account. The website is user friendly and instructions are easy to follow. Simply complete the required information,ensure your immunization forms are fully completed and signed by your medical provider. Then simply upload your forms to the Med + Proctor site.
Do not bring or email your completed forms to the Student Health and Wellness Center. You must upload ALL forms to the Med + Proctor site.
Once you have submitted your immunization records to Med + Proctor , Med +Proctor will review them for compliance and communicate a successful approval or any needed action items through your myiit email. It is important that you are checking your MyIIT email portal for communication should you be out of compliance and need to submit any additional forms . You can also check the status of your account by clicking on the STATUS or MESSAGE tab at the top of your Med + Proctor page. We encourage you to submit your information as soon as possible. It takes 5-7 business days to be verified after you have completed this process.
If you have difficulty using Med + Proctor , you may contact them by:
· Browsing the help topics under Student Help
· Using the chat feature on the lower right side of the screen Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the Immunization Requirements
Students are required to provide proof of:
3 doses of TD/Tdap (one must be within 10 years)
2 dose of MMR (measles-mumps-rubella combined)
1 Meningococcal vaccine (if you are between the ages of 16-22)
International students only 1 QuantiFERON or T-SPOT - (IL Tech requirement) - must be within 2 -4 weeks of arrival
Prior to coming to SHWC for your immunizations
If you your insurance card is not available you will need to wait until it is available to come in for your any vaccines.
In the Patient Portal please:
Complete the 4 compliance FORMS:
1. Consent for services
2. Privacy practice
4. Health History
Update your PROFILE:
1. Local Address
2. Local Phone Number
3. Emergency Contact (in the Undited States)
- Students are expected to update their immunization records in MedProctor no later than the first week of classes.
- A registration hold will be placed on your account if there is not a valid or updated Immunization Verification Form on file for you and/or if you have been deemed "Non-Compliant." The hold will be active on the last date of the Add/Drop period.
- Registration holds will be lifted once you are determined to be in compliance with Illinois State Law and the IL Tech immunization requirements.
- Medical Exemption Form and Religious Exemption Form
If you have religious and/or medical exemptions, please submit the appropriate exemption form along with proper documentation either in person, by fax, or by email. Remember to include your student CWID# on every attached document. Please click here for information regarding the exemption process.