An official transcript of a student's academic record at Illinois Institute of Technology is available only through the Office of the Registrar, upon the authorized request of the student. Illinois Institute of Technology has partnered with Credentials Inc. to take online requests for transcript orders.
Law students should contact the Chicago-Kent College of Law Registrar's Office for services.
This service allows students and alumni to order official electronic/PDF transcripts via the web at any time with worldwide delivery in about an hour.
- The electronic/PDF transcript option offers online order tracking—with the time, date, and name of the person who received your record. No need to pay for FedEx!
- All transcripts from 1980 to the present can be delivered in an electronic/PDF format.
- PDF transcripts viewed electronically are recognized as official documents. A printed copy of a PDF transcript will be considered "unofficial" and will display the words "PRINTED COPY" on all pages of the PDF.
- Any financial hold on a student's account must be cleared before a transcript will be released.
- Payment for orders must be received before a transcript request will be processed.
- $10 for each electronic/PDF transcript.
- $12 for each printed transcript sent via U.S. Postal Service First-Class Mail (regular mail).
- $17 for each printed transcript requested for pickup.
- Federal Express (FedEx) delivery service is available for an additional fee.
Packaging for Paper Transcripts
- Transcripts are packaged in a sealed security envelope. If the seal is broken, the transcript is no longer deemed official.
- Attachments can be included with the transcript per your request. See the FAQ below for more information.
- If more than one transcript is being sent to the same address, they will be shipped in one large envelope, containing each individually sealed transcript.
Note: Unified Graduate Level
- Academic records for students pursuing doctoral level credit prior to August 2016 have been consolidated into a unified graduate level record. This change incorporates credit hours, grades, quality points, and term GPA, from the formerly separate masters and doctoral levels, into a single graduate level moving forward. As a result, a recalculated cumulative GPA for combined masters and doctoral level credit appears on the official transcript. Credit earned at the graduate business or law levels remain separate and are not affected by this change.
How To Order
Via Your MyIIT Portal (Current Students)
- Log in to the myIIT portal.
- Under the Academics tab, navigate to the "Banner Self-Service" channel.
- Click on the Student link and then on the Student Records one.
- Finally, click on the Order Official Transcript link. After placing your order, you will be contacted when your transcript request has been processed.
Via the Direct Link (Alums and Former Students)
- Click here to complete the online order process and pay by credit card. After placing your order, you will be contacted when your transcript has been processed and mailed.
- If you do not have access to the Internet, you may contact our service provider, Credentials Inc., at 847.716.3005 for assistance with placing an order.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I send an attachment?
Yes! When placing your order, during the recipient selection process, you have the option to mark a checkbox noting that you will send an attachment. Follow all additional instructions and your attachment(s) will be included with your transcript.
What if I don't recall my Student ID?
If you don't know your Student ID and do not wish to enter your SSN when placing your order, please enter a nine-character sequence (e.g. A12345678) as your Student ID.
Where is my order?
To check the status of your order, please go to the Credentials Self-ServicePlus page. You will need your order number and Social Security or student ID number to sign in.
Can I cancel my order?
To cancel your order, go to the Credentials Self-ServicePlus page. You will need your order number and Social Security or student ID number to sign in. You may only cancel orders that have not been filled.
Additional Assistance and Questions
If you have any questions regarding the online request system, please call our service provider, Credentials Inc., at 847.716.3005 and they will be able to answer any questions or assist you with ordering online. Please note that there is a surcharge for operator-entered orders.
If you require an apostille transcript, please visit our Apostille Certifications page for instructions.