Updated Travel Policy in Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Effective immediately and until further notice, all university-sponsored air and train travel is suspended. This includes class activities, athletic endeavors, and conference attendance, and includes travel supported by university funds and grant funds. For those who have booked upcoming university-sponsored travel and need to cancel your plans, please follow the below guidance. The below guidance applies to all expenses incurred for travel including but not limited to air and train tickets, hotel reservations, and rental car reservations.
If you purchased travel on your University P-Card
If you are able to cancel your travel plans and receive a refund, please do so and receive the refund back to your p-card.
If you are unable to cancel your travel outright and can only receive a voucher or credit for future travel, please include the voucher in your pcard receipt upload. The voucher must be used for future university-sponsored travel, and you should be prepared to document how the voucher was used once travel resumes. If you intend to use the voucher for personal travel, you must reimburse the University for all costs incurred for the flight.
Some funding agencies including NIH have issued temporary guidance indicating that cancellation fees can be charged to grants. However, if your travel fees have been converted to a credit or voucher that will be used for another purpose, you may not charge that travel to federal grants. Certain other funding sources may also restrict this kind of charge. If you booked travel charged to a federal grant, please contact the RAS team to arrange for realloacation of the costs.
If you purchased travel on your personal credit card and are requesting reimbursement
The University will reimburse you for any cancellation fees or change fees incurred as a result of the suspension of university-sponsored air and train travel. Please submit receipts through the normal travel and expense reimbursement process.
If you received a credit or voucher for future travel and plan to use that voucher for future university-sponsored travel, you must submit the voucher along with your reimbursement request. The voucher must be used for future university-sponsored travel, and you should be prepared to document how the voucher was used once travel resumes. If you intend to use the voucher for personal travel, you may not submit the expense for reimbursement.
If you purchased through Foremost Travel
Contact Dan Lindell at email@example.com with your name and travel date, and Foremost Travel will take care of the cancellation on your behalf. If a cancellation is not possible, Foremost Travel will retain the credit on your account which you can use for future University travel.
Don't Miss!! Illinois Tech Preferred Suppliers Vendor Show on Sept. 12th!
Meet representatives from our University Preferred Supplies, including CDW-G, Warehouse Direct, Fisher, VWR, Grainger, UPS, preferred hotel partners, and many more!
Receive free samples and fun favors!
Get to know the wide-range of manufacturers and products these vendors carry, including IT products, office supplies, scientific supplies and equipment, maintenance, repair, and operation products, shipping services, shredding services, etc.
Ask questions and learn about how these University Preferred Suppliers will benefit your department!
Buy It eMarketplace Now Live for All Illinois Tech!!
- New Supplier Request - adding new vendors to Buy It
- Obtaining Quotes from Buy It vendors
- All requisitions (Standard Orders) - please remember the >$500 rule for requisitions no longer applies
- All vendor related check requests / invoice payment (Retrofit Orders) - AP now will only process student reimbursement related paper check requests
- Blanket Purchase Orders (fund encumbrance) - great with recurring invoices with the same vendor, or multiple invoices for the same PO
- Wire Transfer Request - must indicate wire transfer in Buy It requisition and attach / upload the Wire Transfer Request form
- Shopping Amazon Business - must go through Buy It to shop Amazon Business going forward
Procurement Services Office Move Notice
VISA SPEND MGMT. APP. - THE LITTLE APP. THAT COULD!: March 14, 2019
No more keeping and organizing paper receipts! Download the Visa Spend Mgmt. App. and use it for quick and easy receipt capture and linking using your smartphone for your P-Card transactions no matter where you are!
Please review the Visa Spend Mgmt. App. How To Guide and start to make your P-Card receipt capture and linking process more effortless!
Jan./Feb. 2019 Campus Procurement Forum Presentation: February 11, 2019
Thank you for joining us for the Jan./Feb. 2019 sessions of the Campus Procurement Forum held both on the Mies Campus and Down Town Campus. Please see the linked below the presentation materials for the Jan./Feb. 2019 and the Oct. 2018 forums for your reference.
Key topics include:
- Easy receipt captures with Visa IntelliLink Spend Management Mobile Phone App.
- New Procurement Policies and Forms effective January 1, 2019
- The correct and policy-compliant Procure-to-Pay process at Illinois Tech
- eProcurement update and other exciting Procurement related news
Key topics include:
- Procurement Transformation and Modernization Initiative
- New Procurement Services Mission
- eProcurement update and other Procurement related news