June 22, 2020 Presidential Proclamation
Who is affected by the Proclamation?
The Proclamation bars H-1B, H-2B, L-1, and certain J-1 Exchange Visitors (and their dependent family members) from entering the United States starting June 24, 2020 through the end of the year.
Who is NOT affected?
The following people are NOT covered by the Proclamation:
- F-1 International Students on CPT, OPT and STEM OPT are not affected;
- Key J-1 categories for academic institutions were thankfully spared, including specialists, short term or long term scholars, and J-1 Student categories;
- Anyone in the United States on June 22, 2020;
- Anyone with a valid visa stamp in their passport on June 22, 2020;
- Anyone with a valid travel document on June 22, 2020;
- Green card holders (Lawful Permanent Residents);
- The spouse or minor child of a US citizen;
- Anyone “whose entry would be in the national interest” as determined by the Secretary of State or the Secretary of Homeland Security.
The International Center will continue to keep all members of the Illinois Tech community apprised of information regarding this executive order as it becomes available. For any clarification or inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org OR + 1 (312) 567-3680.