This pdf form is to be used to produce hiring department job offer letter for student employees for the purpose of applying for a Social Security Number.
This letter is not to be used by hiring departments that have already submitted an Electronic Payroll Authorization form to the Student Employment Office.
Electronic Payroll Authorization forms are not used for every student employment position on campus. The following types of student employment are not covered by the Electronic Payroll Authorization system - for these types of positions, use this form to produce a hiring department job offer letter:
- Teaching Assistants
- Research Assistants
- Graduate Assistants
- Graduate stipend holders
- Working Fellows
- Any other position for which the hiring department has submitted a paper-based Payroll Authorization form (PA) to the Student Employment Office (SEO).
- Complete the form below. Print the pdf on hiring department letterhead. The supervisor must sign the letter.
- Give the letter to the student.
- The student is responsible for submitting a separate Social Security Letter click here
- The International Center will write a Social Security Letter within 2-3 business days.
- The student brings the hiring department job offer letter to the International Center after 2-3 business days to pick up their IC Social Security Letter.
- The student takes the hiring department job offer letter and Social Security Letter to the Social Security Administration to apply for a number.