Close Menu

Application Procedures

Submit to the International Center

• STEM OPT Request Form
  • Form I-983
  • Front and back copy of OPT EAD card (if not previously submitted)
  • Effective March 1st, 2018, pay the $200 STEM OPT Administrative Fee, and submit a copy of payment receipt to the International Center with your application.  The fee can be paid here.

DO NOT send us any application materials (including checks and photographs) other than those we have requested above. We reserve the right to return any unrequested documentation to you at your own expense before reviewing your request.

The IC advisors will review your request and process a new STEM OPT I-20 in roughly 2 weeks.  

You must collect, review, and sign the I-20 prior to mailing the full application to USCIS.  If you are not able to collect the I-20 yourself, you may authorize a friend to collect the I-20 on your behalf or request shipping.

It is your responsibility to make sure USCIS receives the documents listed below within 30 days of the I-20 issue date and before the expiration of your current EAD card.

Submit to USCIS

• Photocopy of STEM OPT I-20
  • Completed Form I-765 (Please see the USCIS website for instructions)
  • Photocopies of previous I-20(s)
  • Photocopy of current EAD card
  • Photocopy of IIT transcript or diploma stating STEM degree
  • I-94 information (print out from website or copy of front and back of card)
  • Copies of your passport biographic page and passport expiration date
  • Copy of U.S. visa
  • A check for $410 payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security - Do not write on or sign the back of the check
  • Two passport-style photographs with your name and I-94 number on the back of each

Mailing Instructions

• Make copies of the entire application for your records and mail by certified U.S. mail. Application must be received by USCIS before your post completion OPT EAD expires.
  • Mail application to the USCIS Lockbox for the state you currently live in/written on your I-765:

If You Currently Live in

Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Guam, or the Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands

Mail Your Application to One of

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) Deliveries:  
USCIS
P.O. Box 21281
Phoenix, AZ 85036

For Express Mail and Courier Deliveries (UPS/FedEx):  
USCIS, Attn: AOS
1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S, Suite 100 
Phoenix, AZ 85034

IF YOU CURRENTLY LIVE IN

Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, U.S. Virgin Islands, or West Virginia

MAIL YOUR APPLICATION TO ONE OF

USCIS
P.O. Box 660867
Dallas, TX 75266

For Express Mail and Courier Deliveries:
USCIS, Attn: AOS
2501 S. State Hwy. 121 Business, Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067