Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT) welcomes students from VanderCook College of Music to experience the convenience of living on campus during the summer of 2017.
With modern residence hall living options, a world class campus center, several dining options and easy access to downtown Chicago, Illinois Institute of Technology offers all of the benefits of home in the heart of the city. Students will live in the comfort of State Street Village (SSV) in single or double suite-style rooms. Amenities for each unit include a shared bathroom, wireless internet, cable, access to community kitchens, laundry facilities on-site and 24-hour security. Enjoy a world-renowned architectural landmark!
Early Registration is strongly advised. Room reservations should be made 2 weeks prior to your stay on campus. Without a reservation received by this deadline, Summer Conference Housing is not guaranteed and is offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please see the 2017 Summer Pricing Guide for the VanderCook Six-Week Program and MECA Program.
In order to hold your reservation, your account must be paid in full ten days prior to the start date of the first session you plan to attend. If your full payment is not received, your reservation will be cancelled. $100.00 will be held or charged for a cancellation fee.
A STEP by STEP Guide for Registration.
- To request your preferred room and board plan, please visit VanderCook Summer Graduate Programs Inquiry <--------Click there this should take you directly to the Summer VanderCook Summer Graduate Programs Housing Registration Form.
- Upon completing the VanderCook Summer Graduate Programs registration form, you will be able to let select the dates you would like to come to campus for MECA or the VCM Six-Week program.
- Once you submit your application through VanderCook Summer Graduate Programs form, within the week you should receive a confirmation email with a payment link.
- Payment must be made in full prior to your arrival to campus (except if you have been approved for a loan). If you fail to make your payment in full prior to your arrival, your housing will be cancelled. $100.00 will be held for a cancellation fee.
- The payment link is for you to pay in full your balance via a credit/debit card.
- WE DO NOT ACCEPT CASH or Personal Checks.
- You are able to pay via a Money Order and this must be sent two weeks prior to your initial check-in. Money orders should be made payable to Illinois Institute of Technology and mailed to:
- Office of Residence and Greek Life
Attention: VanderCook Housing
3241 S. Wabash Ave
Chicago, IL 60616.
- If you are waiting for a loan from VanderCook College of Music, we must receive confirmation from VanderCook that you have been approved for a loan, prior to your stay here on campus. It is your responsibility to send to our attention an email or letter confirmation that you have been approved and the timeline of when this loan will be disbursed. You will have 48hrs upon disbursement to pay your balance in full or your housing will be terminated.
- An email will be sent confirming that your payment has been made in full within three (3) business days of your last payment received.
- Two (2) days prior to your arrival, you will receive an email regarding Check-In information and any relevant information you need to know about your accommodations.
We realize there are always unforeseen reasons why students are unable to attend. Cancellations for housing and meal plans must be made in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org ten days prior to the start of each session for a full return. Any cancellations made between nine days and the start of the session will forfeit a $100.00 cancellation fee.
Refunds will be issued if you have submitted your request in writing to email@example.com at least ten days prior to your check-in date. Any refund request made between nine days and the start of the session will forfeit a $100.00 cancellation fee. Please allow up to five (5) business days for reimbursements especially during the Summer Conference season.
Planning to drive your car? Need a place to park it? Please go to our ACAPS website to sign up for a permit online. Refunds and/or additional inquiries about parking services must be through our Access, Card, and Parking Services Office.
Questions about VCM 6 Weeks and MECA Housing:
Please direct all questions and concerns in regards to your VCM 6 weeks and MECA Housing needs to to firstname.lastname@example.org. During conference season please allow 72 hours for response.