Jeanne and John Rowe Village, designed by acclaimed international architect Helmut Jahn, consists of three five-story buildings which face the primary thoroughfare running through Main Campus. One of its most distinctive features is that the Green Line elevated train runs behind it—giving this residence hall a distinctly Chicago-type vibe! Jeanne and John Rowe Village offers 367 beds in two suite-style buildings (two students per bedroom) and one apartment-style building (one student per bedroom). Take a virtual tour here! To reserve your room in Jeanne and John Rowe Village, click here.
Campus housing is available on a first-come, first-served basis. It is recommended that graduate students submit contracts for housing as early as possible.
- Features two suite-style buildings and one apartment-style building
- Suite-style means that two students share a room, and they share the bathroom with two other students
- Fifth-floor student lounges in each building
- Two fifth-floor outdoor terraces with panoramic views of downtown Chicago
- Staffed 24 hours a day by community desk assistants. Students must use their student IDs both to enter through the front door and to pass the front desk
- Extensive audio/visual displays in the main lounges feature a 50" HDTV plasma display, surround sound, DVD player, carousel CD player, and terrace speakers
- Internet and Cable
- Temperature controls in each suite/apartment and a complete furniture package including bed, desk, dresser, and desk chair
- Laundry room and small kitchen with a stove, oven, refrigerator, and microwave on 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors
2 or 3 Bedroom Apartment
Actual units may vary from floor plan
Notes: All floor plans, room sizes and furniture depictions are approximate.
Jeanne and John Rowe Village is fully furnished. Each resident is provided a study desk with chair, a dresser, and a extra-long twin mattress with bed frame. In addition, each Jeanne and John Rowe Village South apartment is furnished with a couch, and the kitchens are equipped with a microwave and refrigerator.
Information for Existing Jeanne and John Rowe Village Residents
Current Jeanne and John Rowe Village residents who intend to live on campus during the summer or the following academic year must take part in the summer reservation or the returning resident reservation process, both of which take place on My Room.
For more information, contact Office of Residence Life by phone (312.567.5075) or e-mail (email@example.com).
Frequently Asked Questions
Can furniture be removed from the apartment?
Residents cannot remove University provided furniture. Residents needing accommodations can request furniture removal.
Who is eligible to live inJeanne and John Rowe Village?
Jeanne and John Rowe Village North are reserved for returning students. Jeanne and John Rowe Village Middle is reserved for incoming first year and second year students. Jeanne and John Rowe Village South are reserved for juniors and seniors.
Can students with families or dependants live in the Jeanne and John Rowe Village?
Students with families or dependents cannot live in Jeanne and John Rowe Village. Contact the Office of Residence Life to review available options.
How do students pay for Jeanne and John Rowe Village?
Residents make all payments through the Student Accounting Office. Payments are due each semester, similar to tuition.
What are the cancellation terms of the Jeanne and John Rowe Village contract?
Important cancellation terms and deadlines can be reviewed in the 2020-2021 Room and Board New Resident contract
Does Jeanne and John Rowe Village allow pets?
Jeanne and John Rowe Village does not allow pets. Service animals are permitted. Contact the Center for Disability Resources for additional information.
Is smoking permitted?
All campus housing is compliant with State of IL indoor air quality policies. Smoking is only permitted outside of the building.
Is a pre-payment required?
No pre-payment is required for on-campus housing.