At Illinois Tech, students have the opportunity to take Gallup’s CliftonStrengths assessment to learn how their natural talents apply to their professional, academic, and personal lives.
The impact of knowing and applying one’s strengths are significant. Gallup found that people who know and use their strengths are six times more likely to be engaged in school and work and three times more likely to report an “excellent” quality of life.
The CliftonStrengths assessment identifies one’s top 5 strengths and suggests ways to apply them on a daily basis, which leads to greater satisfaction, engagement, and productivity.
With CliftonStrengths, you can:
- identify what you do best and recognize ways to apply your strengths at school, work, and in their personal lives.
- identify the classes and craft a career that allows you to do what you do best.
- develop deep, meaningful relationships with friends and mentors that can transform your time on campus.
- discover how to live a healthy life, both physically and emotionally.
- learn to live within your means now and plan for your financial future.
- apply your talents in leadership roles and in clubs and organizations.
Here's what students have to say:
Rodrigo Lopez, a mechanical engineering student, wrote “Since I know my strengths, I can narrow my search for a career that best suits my ambitions and strengths. As a college student I find the Clifton Strengths Assessment a valuable tool that every Illinois Tech Student should take. As the future leaders, we should take of every tool, resource, and support we can get.”To request your unique access code and complete the CliftonStrengths Assessment, click the link below.