Welcome to the IIT Career Services website and thank you for taking an interest in the success of your student. Below are some examples of ways that you can get involved.
How Can I Help with My Student’s Career Goals?
- Encourage your student to a Career Services coach and attend workshops starting their first year on campus and to explore a variety of career fields and occupations.
- Discuss your experiences in school and the job world, your successes, and learning moments, as well as your experiences with interviewing, networking, negotiating, and furthering your career.
- Do you have friends or family members in your student’s field of interest? Help arrange informational interviews in related career fields.
- Take the time to initiate conversations with your student about career-related issues and challenges, and listen to their points of view.
- Know that career exploration is just that -- a journey in which we may change directions as we discover our true passions, interests, and talents. Support your student in discovering and mapping out his or her goals and aspirations, both personal and professional.
Give a Job - Recruit Our Students
If your company or organization is interested in hiring Illinois Tech students and alumni, register for a free Handshake account. You can post an unlimited number of jobs and internships as well as search resumes from our diverse student body. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. If you or your company is interested in recruiting Illinois Tech students, visit our recruitment page.
If you are interested in volunteering at the Career Services office, please contact us. We value collaboration with professionals of all industries and so will our students.
Join our Parent Network
If you are interested in getting monthly news and updates about events around the campus, you can learn more about Illinois Tech's Parent Network on the Office of Campus Life website and you can sign up for the Parent Network Newsletter here.