Inaugurated during the 2016-2017 school year, the purpose of the Faculty Innovation Grants program is to provide funding to faculty for activities directly related to the career and professional development of Illinois Institute of Technology students and/or the expansion of Illinois Tech's employer network.
Given Illinois Tech's dedication to diversity, access, and inclusion, activities incorporating these themes are highly encouraged. Projects connecting to the Many Voices, One Vision Strategic Plan are also encouraged.
Examples of types of activities eligible for funding include:
- Fees for classroom speakers
- Job shadow experiences
- Coverage of registration fees for events that expand Illinois Tech's industry network
- New student career development programming on campus
Application for Summer 2018 and Fall 2018 can be found here.
Save the Date!
- Faculty Innovation Grants Seminar - March 6, 2018, 12:45-1:45pm, Hermann Hall Alumni Lounge
Grants will be awarded up to a maximum of $2,000 per project, with 5-7 projects expected to be awarded for this school year. Applicants will be reviewed equally regardless of the requested amount up to $2,000. All funds must be used by the end of the fiscal year (May 31) in which they are disbursed.
Grants will not fund:
- Scholarships or housing expenses
- Permanent salary/wages
- Previous expenditures
- Entertainment expenses with no educational component
- Currently existing programming
Awarding of grants will be determined by the Faculty Innovation Grants committee, made up of faculty and staff with a demonstrated interest in the professional development of students. Proposals considered for funding should have the specific details worked out in advance of submission (i.e. names of presenters/speakers/panelists/mentors, specific companies/organizations that are being collaborated with, etc.)
Summer 2018 Application Deadline:
Tuesday, May 1, 2018
Fall 2018 Application Deadline
Application Process - Additional Details
- Grants are available for full-time, part-time and adjunct faculty members. Grants are not open to University staff members or students at this time.
- In addition to the grant application, interested faculty will also need to fill out an itemized budget using the required spreadsheet template. Please send completed budget spreadsheet to email@example.com.
- If funds are used for off-campus travel, Illinois Tech's faculty travel guidelines must be followed.
Awarded Projects - Reporting and Communication
- To officially accept a grant, recipients must complete, sign, and submit an Agreement of Terms.
- When purchasing supplies and paying fees, please be sure to show the vendor IIT's tax exempt certificate.
- Upon conclusion of the activity, recipients are required to submit a financial record to include all expenditures, income, and receipts.
- Recipents are expected to share activity experiences with Marketing & Communications or the Illinois Tech community, if requested.
- Awards must be used for activities outlined in application; if entire award amount is not used, reimbursement will be based on the amount included in submitted receipts.