Registration for our upcoming Fall 2020 Virtual Industry Career Fairs on Tuesday, September 29, 2020 and Wednesday, September 30, 2020 opens soon! Visit Handshake for more details and to register.
Illinois Tech offers a tech-focused, hands-on, relevant and rigorous curriculum—paired with real-world, team-based projects—that prepare our students and alumni to hit the ground running in the workplace. Companies attend our Career Fairs to recruit individuals within the fields of engineering, computer science, information technology management, social science, business, food science, architecture, psychology, manufacturing, science (life and physical), and more. Career Services hosts Career Fairs each year on the Mies (main) Campus during the fall and spring semesters, as well as smaller fairs throughout the academic years.
- Virtual Career Fairs
- Campus-wide Career Fairs
- Career Fair Resources
- Career Connections
Due to the current situation with COVID-19, our Fall 2020 Career Fairs are going virtual on September 29 & 30, 2020 from 10am-6pm. Employers will have discretion over their schedules on that day, so we encourage them to use that time frame in a way that makes the most sense for them!
|Fall 2020 Campus-wide Career Fair by Industry|
Tuesday, September 29
Wednesday, September 30
Fees for the Fall 2020 Virtual Industry Career Fairs:
Standard Registration (for one day): $225
Non-profit, Government (for one day): $125
Registration is open on Handshake.
Sponsorship options available at the $175 level. See here for more details.
What to expect
- Video chats: Engage students one-on-one on a video platform to replicate the in-person feel of a Career Fair
- Saved resources: Save on travel and time
- Scheduled, timed interactions: Pre-select 10 minute discussions with the students and recent alumni who you want to engage with
- One-on-one connections: Chat directly with others at the event.
Dynamic chat experience
Our online career fair platform provides a dynamic chat experience. What does that mean?
- Easy access to candidates: viewable candidate profiles and resumes, as well as built in next step triggers to facilitate follow-up emails, interviews, etc. Answer private and public text-based questions between discussions to provide valuable information to as many students as possible
- Real time information: show current openings to candidates in your booth
- Get data, fast: receive the post-event talent report, which includes resumes of students who registered
See upcoming virtual career fairs and register in Handshake.
- View a printable flyer here: Employer Flyer
- See sponsorship opportunities to expand your company brand and set yourself apart.
- Build a strategic recruitment plan: Contact Celestine McGee, Senior Employer Relations Specialist (Phone: 312.567.6484 | Email: email@example.com)
SAVE THE DATE FOR FUTURE FAIRS
Spring 2021: March 3-4
Campus-wide Career Fair Logistics
- Location/Parking: The campus-wide career fair is held in Hermann Hall, located at 3241 South Federal Street, on Illinois Tech's Mies Campus in Chicago. (Information about parking passes are sent via email prior to the event.) Pass
- Registration includes one 8-ft table (with basic table skirt), coffee service, one parking permit per company, catered lunch, and a reception with food and drinks for three representatives. Options are available for additional representatives and company sponsorship.
- On-campus inverviews (OCIs) the week of the fair are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Employer setup begins at 10 a.m.; students will be assigned to help employers carry materials into the fair and assist with booth set up.
- Shipping materials: Employers are welcome to bring marketing materials and giveaways for candidates. If you need to ship materials to us, please complete this form so we know to look for your package. Packages must be received by Monday, September 23rd, 2019. Don't forget to include a return shipping label and to ensure items arrive prior to the event. The address for shipping is:
Office of Career Services, Attn: Celestine McGee
Illinois Institute of Technology
3241 South Federal Street, Suite 111
Chicago, IL 60616
- Tables will be assigned to employers. Company sponsors will have preferred booth locations.
- Students will be provided with a company list before the fair. Companies are responsible for double-checking their recruitment preferences well in advance.
- We offer "virtual booths" at some career fairs for companies who are unable to attend our fair in person. Contact us to see if this is an option for you.
- Mies Campus map
- Parking map and Directions
- Hotel accommodations
- About Illinois Tech | Quick Facts
- About Chicago
- Academic Programs
Career Connections (Customized Career Fairs)
We host a limited number of smaller career fairs and Career Connections each semester that typically have an industry focus. Smaller career fairs are often co-sponsored by student organizations on campus, and these events provide opportunities to connect with a more specialized group of students and alumni.
EVENT FEE: contact us
Registration includes one table, appetizers and beverages, and parking.
Sponsorship opportuntites are available.
Supply Chain and Manufacturing
Recruit Illinois Tech students and graduates who are specialized in the areas of supply chain and/or manufacturing, including engineering, industrial technology, and business majors. See "events and news."
Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering ("CAEE")
Open exclusively to current IIT students and alumni in engineering and construction industry for internships, part-time, and full-time employment opportunities. Recruit candidates for Architectural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction/Engineering Management, Environmental Engineering, Structural Engineering, and more. See "events and news."
For more information about the Career Fairs or other recruitment opportunities, contact: