Illinois Tech is committed to the academic and personal success of our students. SOAR (Student Orientation, Advisement, and Registration) is designed to introduce incoming students to campus resources, academic advising and a group of their peers. For many new students going through our SOAR program. it is a great time to begin creating friendships with other incoming and current Illinois Tech students. Furthermore, students who go through our SOAR program are exposed to ways to get more involved on-campus and find resources that will help them succeed at Illinois Tech.
Undergraduate SOAR participants will be able to...
- Explain their academic requirements and expectations.
- Identify resources that will assist students succeed Academically and Socially at Illinois Tech.
- Describe how to get involved within the Office of Campus Life and Campus Recreation at Illinois Tech.
- Describe ways that Illinois Tech students can help create an inclusive community.
- Understand how to navigate the Technology services that will be able to navigate the first year at Illinois Tech.
- Be able to understand the purpose of higher education and be able to identify how it relates to their education goals.
- Be able to describe the rights and responsibilities associated with being a part of the Illinois Tech campus community.
- Be familiar with faculty, staff, and students on campus.
Spring 2019 Dates
To access the parking instructions and map for the SOAR program, please click here. When coming to SOAR, please make sure that you input the code that is associated with the SOAR program in one of our parking machines.
Summer 2018 Dates
June 27-28, 2018 → Registration Click HERE
July 10-11, 2018 → Registration Click Here
August 13-14, 2018 → REGISTRATION CLICK HERE
Please note that the following dates are full
The following SOAR dates are currently full for students. Please note that spots may open up throughout the summer, so please continue to check our website for any updates.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FOLLOWING DATES ARE CLOSED
The following SOAR dates are closed.
June 19-20, 2018 → Registration is closed
To access the parking instructions and map for the SOAR program, please click below at your specific SOAR date. When coming to SOAR, please make sure that you input the code that is associated with the SOAR program in one of our parking machines.
Still have questions? Please check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.