Access, Card, and Parking Services manages the issuance of the HawkCard, the university's official identification card. ACaPS reserves the right to issue HawkCards based upon the policies in place at the time of issuance. The HawkCard is issued to current students, faculty, staff, affiliates, visitors, and tenants of the university. Your HawkCard must be carried with you at all times and must be presented to campus authorities upon demand. The HawkCard is non-transferable and is the property of Illinois Institute of Technology. Fruadulant use will result in disciplinary action.
ACaPS Reopening Update: HawkCard IDs
In preparation for the university's Fall 2020 Reopening, the ACaPS Office has relocated to Hermann Hall, 102. To minimize lines and maintain appropriate social distancing, HawkCard ID pick-up is available by APPOINTMENT. Please note the following related information.
- Advance photo submission is required at this time for HawkCard issuance. Exceptional accomodation requests should be sent to email@example.com.
- Resident Students: Please submit your photo online so we can have it ready for issuance to you at your Residence Hall. Please allow (1) business day for processing new submissions.
- Commuter Students: Commuter students will be issued their HawkCard beginning Tuesday, September 8. If your online ID photo submission has been approved, you may schedule a HawkCard ID Pick-Up appointment. Schedule your HawkCard ID Pick-Up appointment here.
- Online Students: If you do not intend to come to campus within (30) days, please postpone your online photo submission. We have no plans to mail photo ID cards at this time. They must be confirmed by government-issued ID. If your program is completely online you may request a non-photo ID to be mailed to you via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Faculty & Staff: Please follow the online photo submission process below.
Online photo submission requirements
Online photo submissions will be reviewed for the following criteria prior to acceptance for your official HawkCard ID.
- Clear, true color photos only - no filters or black and white
- Must be recent, reflecting your current appearance
- Background must be plain AND white or off-white
- Centered, facing camera directly - no profiles
- Smile or natural/neutral facial expression
- Cropped slightly above head with top of shoulders in frame
- Photo must include only the person on the ID. No pets, friends, props, etc.
- No hats, caps, sunglasses, headphones, scarves, etc. (Religious head coverings are permitted)
- Photo file format must be JPG or PNG
- Photo file size limit is 1 MB
Example ID Submission Photos
submit your photo
- Log in to MyHawkCard (via MyIIT)
- Select Upload ID Photo (under Quick Links)
- Review the photo submission terms, agree and submit
Contact email@example.com for support.
review and approval process
Please allow (2) business days for processing of your "Pending ID Photo". You will receive an email notification indicating whether your photo was accepted or we require resubmission. If your photo requires resubmission, the reason will be included.
Common Reasons We Require Photo Resubmission
- Background is not plain AND white or off-white
- Lighting - Your face needs to be clearly visible without shadow
- Headshot is not framed passport style
You can submit a new photo that meets the submission criteria. Please note that these emails will come from our online HawkCard system, GET.
NEW hawkcard pick-up
You will receive an email invitation for a HawkCard ID Pick-Up appointment. You must present a valid government-issued photo ID to receive your HawkCard.
REPLACEMENT HAWKCARDS FOR STUDENTS, FACULTY, AND STAFF
Online photo submission is available for student, faculty, and staff replacement HawkCards. To ensure the issued HawkCard reflects your current appearance, a new photo is required. This requirement may be waived if your last HawkCard was issued within the last 6 months. The $20 replacement fee must paid online prior. Replacement photo submissions received without the paid fee on file will be cancelled unless otherwise approved in advance.
You will receive an email indicating where and when you can pick up your replacement HawkCard. You must present a valid government-issued photo ID to receive and activate your HawkCard.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with general questions.
Standard HawkCard Information
Obtaining a HawkCard
Initial HawkCards may be obtained from the ACaPS office during business hours M-F 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. A government issued ID (driver's license, state ID, or passport) must be presented when coming to obtain a HawkCard.
Replacement HawkCards can be purchased at the ACaPS office, Hermann Hall, Room 201. The cost to replace a lost, damaged, or stolen card is $20.00.
The HAwkCard Photo
Access, Card, and Parking Services does not accept personal photos to be used for the HawkCard ID. You must have your photo taken by the ACaPS office. When taking a photograph for the HawkCard do not wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline. Dark glasses or nonpresciption glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless needed for medical reasons.
Students MUST be currently enrolled and registered for classes before obtaining a HawkCard. Students attending S.O.A.R will obtain their HawkCard during orientation.
Distance Learning students ONLY may email email@example.com to request a non-photo student HawkCard.
Faculty and Staff MUST receive a University ID Request form from Human Resources before visiting the ACaPS office to obtain a HawkCard.
Visiting Researchers MUST receive a University ID Request form from Human Resources before visiting the ACaPS office to obtain a HawkCard. The following must also be provided:
- The invitation letter from the sponsoring department
An authorized supervisor or manager MUST complete an Affiliate ID request form for all new affiliates (Public Safety, Dining Services, Postal Services, Custodial Services) of the university. The form may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org one week prior to the individual arriving to campus or presented on the day the employee comes to the ACaPS office to obtain the HawkCard. HawkCards WILL NOT be issued to employees without the completed form.
An authorized supervisor or manager MUST submit an email requesting a HawkCard ID for all new tenants of the university. Requests should be sent to email@example.com one week prior to the individual arriving to campus. Once verification is complete, the supervisor or manager will be notified when to send the individual to the ACaPS office to obtain a HawkCard.
Increasing the Lifetime of Your HawkCard
Your HawkCard is intended to last the duration of your association with the Illinois Institute of Technology. The following tips will help increase the lifetime of your HawkCard:
- DO NOT punch a slot or hole in the card.
- DO NOT expose to extreme heat, like dryers and sunlight.
- DO NOT expose to organic solvents, thinners, mineral spirits, etc.
- DO NOT machine wash or dry.
- DO NOT use as an ice scrapper or scrapping tool.
- DO NOT crimp, twist, or bend the card.
- DO NOT attempt to re-laminate the card.
- DO NOT immerse in alcohol, isopropyl, ethanol, etc.
- DO NOT bite the card.
- DO NOT pound with a pen or tool.