In concert with and complementing core learning objectives within the various degree programs, the core curriculum contributes significantly to IIT's overall goal that its graduates:
Be committed to positive change in their communities, nations, and the world, able to:
- Identify and analyze contemporary issues and problems.
- Compare and contrast different points of view, both within and across cultures.
Think critically, viewing problems as opportunities for innovation, able to:
- Appropriately employ multiple quantitative and qualitative methods of analysis and evaluation.
- Employ the best available technology to achieve solutions.
Collaborate professionally and ethically, able to:
- Work successfully with others within and across disciplines and cultures.
- Identify and discuss ethical issues.
Communicate effectively, able to:
- Establish an objective, and clearly and cohesively support it.
- Speak and write in a manner that does not require significant work by the audience to fill in needed information or to ignore linguistic distractions.
- Speak and write appropriately within and across disciplines and cultures.