NEW student hiring POLICies
The Electronic Payroll Authorization Form (EPAF) system for student hires requires that supervisors of student employees, timesheet approvers or proxies, and any administrative personnel who submit PAs complete training and pass an associated quiz before hiring students. If you have completed training, the Student EPAF channel will automatically appear in your MyIIT portal. Read more about this training here.
Resources for Faculty and Staff
The SEO has developed useful resources for supervisors of student employees for hiring, training and evaluation, including: interview questions with screening template, student onboarding checklist, warning notice form, request for additional hours (temporary), student employment acknowledgement letter, a performance evaluation template, and more. See the resources here or on our Forms and Documents page.
- Summer Hiring Dates: To hire new students for the SUMMER 2017 semester, use the Electronic Payroll Authorization Form (EPAF) in the MyIIT portal, using the dates 06/01/17 – 08/31/17. Reminder, use Academic Year 2017 for all of your Summer hiring.
- Fall Hiring Date: To hire new students for the FALL 2017 semester, begin submitting the Electronic Payroll Authorization Form (EPAF) in the MyIIT portal 07/24/17.
- Student can work up to 40 hours during the Summer break.
- Students can work up to 20 hours during the academic year.
New Federal Work-Study Allocations
- As of fall 2016: 65% of students' earnings will come from the FWS program
- 35% will be paid by the department up to the eligible award amount.
Students are not permitted to work until their employment documents have been submitted and approved. Supervisors and student hires will receive an employment authorization email from the Student Employment Office when paperwork is processed and approved.
Please follow processes on this website for hiring students.