Illinois Institute of Technology participates in CTA's UPass program. The CTA U-Pass offers unlimited rides for students on any CTA bus or train during the semester. Once you receive your Ventra UPass, please hold on to it. You will keep the same Ventra Upass card for five years. When school is not in session or you do not qualify as a full-time student you will be able to add money to your card and use it as a transit card. More information on your Ventra UPass can be found here.
Only students who are registered for full time academic hours (Grad students - 9 hours, Undergrad students -12 hours) are eligible to participate in the U-Pass program. The U-Pass fee of $135.00 is a mandatory fee for all full time students and can only be waived by distance online learning students who reside 50 miles or more from main campus. All requests to waive the UPass fee must be submitted by email each semester to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the 4th week of classes. Requests submitted after the 4th week will not be considered.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Vickie Tolbert in the Office of Student Affairs (MTC 209 or email@example.com). If you miss the initial UPass distribution date, you can pick up your UPass in OneStop office (MTCC 106). School of Design students should contact Rachel Dean.
If you are transferring from another institution and already have a Ventra Upass card, you can have it transferred to IIT . Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, student ID number, name of the college you are transferring from and the 16 digit number on the back of your card.
If you have misplaced your UPass, you can order a replacement card online.
Notes about U-Pass
- Only you can use your U-Pass.You cannot share or sell your U-pass. If this rule is violated and your UPass is confiscated your UPass privileges will be canceled by CTA for a full year (you will still have to pay the UPass fee).
- You cannot use your U-Pass on Metra or Pace.
- If you drop below full time during the semester, you must notify Vickie Tolbert (email@example.com) in the Office of the Dean of Students immediately. Failure to do so may result in you not being allowed to activate your next semester's UPass until after the add/drop date. A second violation will result in permanent cancellation of your Ventra card. Once your Ventra card is cancelled it will cost you $50 to obtain a new one.
Fall 2017 Dates
MIES CAMPUS, ID AND STUART returning students
- For the Fall semester your UPass will be active from August 20, 2017 through December 10, 2017.
- Upasses are scheduled to activate on August 20, 2017 for returning students who are registered full time by Monday, August 14th. After August 14th information to CTA will be provided again after the add/drop date. If you became full time after August 14th and would like your UPass activated now, please email the Office of Student Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org . Once we receive your request your UPass will activate within 24 hours.
- Make sure you do not have an outstanding balance on your Ventra account. If you do, your UPass will not activate until the balance is cleared. We recommend that you check your balance and UPass status here before trying to use it for the first time this semester.
- For questions about your balance contact Ventra at 877-669-8368.
Students New to Illinois Tech This Semester
- We will be taking pictures Monday, August 20th and Tuesday, August 21st between 10 - 5 in the MTCC Ballroom. If you miss both of those dates, you can order your UPass in MTCC 209.
- You will need your Illinois Tech ID to order or pick up your UPass.
If you participated in summer SOAR your UPass is likely pre printed. You can pick it up Monday, August 21st and Tuesday, August 22nd in the MTCC Ballroom. After August 22, you can pick it up in the OneStop office (MTCC 106)