Summer open enrollment will begin on April 26th
Mandatory Health Insurance Policy for FAll and Spring admits
The Illinois Institute of Technology, committed to the health and welfare of all its students, requires all students who register for one credit hour or more to have health insurance. Students who do not provide proof of insurance will be enrolled in the College’s Student Health Insurance plan. Students who have their own health insurance and wish to opt-out must complete a Student Health Insurance Waiver. Failure to complete the waiver will result in a student being enrolled and charged the Health Insurance Fee. Students who are not eligible for the Health Insurance but wish to opt in can enroll in the program by contacting the Student Health and Wellness Center at 312-567-7550 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Health Insurance Plan
We are pleased to offer our students health insurance coverage through Aetna Student Health. Here you will find some general information about our insurance plan and instructions on how to enroll or waive the Illinois Tech insurance plan.
Please note: All students will be added to the Illinois Tech Student Health Insurance Plan once enrolled in one academic credit hour of class. You do not need to complete an enrollment form.
Your coverage will begin January 6, 2017 and continue through August 11, 2017. Health Insurance cards and documents will not be mailed out. You can log on to Aetna Student Health’s website and use the Print Your Insurance Card tab, or contact Aetna at 800.841.3140 to request one be mailed to you.
*Not all forms of health insurance are accepted to waive the student plan.
Please note that students are not permitted to waive the IIT student health insurance plan if they have coverage through:
1. A travel insurance company
2. A company outside of the United States
3. A company that only provides monthly coverage
4. A life insurance company
You must also be able to answer yes to the following questions.
1. My plan is currently active and I agree to maintain health insurance coverage throughout the 16/17 academic year.
2. My plan provides in-patient care (including mental health care) and Outpatient care in the Chicago area (including office visits, out-patient mental health care and ancillary procedures). Coverage for emergency-only care does not satisfy this requirement.
3. My Plan is provided by a company licensed to do business in the United States, with a U.S. Claims payment office, and a U.S. phone number.
4. My plan offers a policy year maximum that meets or exceeds $500,000 in coverage.
5. My plan’s deductible is less than $6,001?
6. My plan provides coverage for Alcohol Related Injuries (injuries that result from the consumption of alcohol by the subscriber).
7. My plan provides coverage for pre-existing conditions.
If you are enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan, you may also purchase coverage for your eligible dependents. All eligible dependents enrolling for coverage must submit an Enrollment form to Aetna Benefit Planning Insurance Agent, Inc. You can enroll them online on Aetna Student Health’s website.
Are you graduating
Are you graduating or only need coverage for the fall term? Complete our "fall only" form by or before January 26th. If you choose to enroll in our "fall only" option, your coverage will be valid from August 12, 2016 - January 5, 2017. The cost of your coverage will be $600. You will need to be logged in to your myiit portal to access the fall only form.
*Health insurance cards and other insurance documents are mailed upon request only. You may contact Aetna Student Health directly at 800.841.3140. You may also create your profile to access these documents through your smart device.