Illinois State law and IL Tech requires university students who are enrolled at least half-time to be immunized against certain communicable diseases. You are required to submit proof of your immunizations to the Student Health and Wellness Center. The SHWC clinical staff can provide the appropriate immunizations should you need them.
Appointments for vaccines cannot be made online through the Patient Portal. You may walk-in Monday - Friday from 9-11am and 1-4pm to get immunized.
Flu Shots are available During Immunization Walk-in hours
What are the Immunization Requirements
Domestic students are required to provide proof of:
2 doses of MMR (measles-mumps-rubella)
1 up-to-date TD/Tdap (tetanus-diphtheria).
International students are required to provide proof of:
3 doses of TD/Tdap (one must be within 10 years)
2 dose of MMR (measles-mumps-rubella combined)
1 QuantiFERON or T-SPOT - (IL Tech requirement)
Prior to coming to SHWC for your immunizations
If you your insurance card is not available you will need to wait until it is available to come in for your any vaccines.
In the Patient Portal please:
Complete the 4 compliance FORMS:
1. Consent for services
2. Privacy practice
4. Health History
Update your PROFILE:
1. Local Address
2. Local Phone Numver
3. Emergency Contact (in the Undited States)
- Students are expected to update their immunization records in the Student Health and Wellness Center no later than the first week of classes.
- A registration hold will be placed on your account if there is not a valid or updated Immunization Verification Form on file for you and/or if you have been deemed "Non-Compliant." The hold will be active on the last date of the Add/Drop period.
- Registration holds will be lifted once you are determined to be in compliance with Illinois State Law and the IL Tech immunization requirements.
- Immunization Record Form
If you are a student who was born on or after January 1, 1957 and you are attending the university on any of the IIT campuses at least half-time, you are encouraged to submit this form to the Student Health and Wellness Center before or during summer orientation.
- Medical Exemption Form and Religious Exemption Form
If you have religious and/or medical exemptions, please submit the appropriate exemption form along with proper documentation either in person, by fax, or by email. Remember to include your student CWID# on every attached document. Please click here for information regarding the exemption process.