May 1-6, 2017
The Office of the Registrar determines the Final Exam Schedule based on final student registration data and therefore begins scheduling final exams after the add/drop classes deadline for the semester. The Office of the Registrar schedules final exams with the goal of minimizing the number of student exam conflicts and the number of students with three or more exams on the same day.
IMPORTANT: Room Assignments
The Office of the Registrar assigns the regular meeting classroom for all final exams. If a room conflict occurs, then the final exam will be assigned to a different classroom. Please review the final exam schedule to see where the final exam will take place.
Please Note: Students should refer to their syllabus and confirm with their instructor(s) the details regarding final exams as they are subject to change. Students and their instructors are expected to meet at the designated time and location during finals week for exams or presentations . Regular class sessions are not to be held during the week of final exams. Final exams are not to be administered prior to the published date and time for the course.
Exams at Mies Campus and Rice Campus
Exams are two hours long and are scheduled in one of the following exam blocks:
|Exam Block||Time Period|
|2||10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.|
These are the only exam blocks in which final exams will be scheduled.
- Exams for daytime classes (classes that end before 5 p.m.) are scheduled in the exam week on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday in exam block 1, 2, or 3.
- Exams for evening classes (classes that begin at 5 p.m. or later) are scheduled in the exam week on the same day that the class began meeting in exam block 4 (for classes that begin at 5 p.m.) or exam block 5 (for classes that begin at 6:25 p.m. or 7:50 p.m.).
- Generally, labs, seminars, independent studies, and research classes do not have a final exam.
Final Exam Conflicts
- Live/Online Courses Conflict: Students who are taking online courses may elect to take the final exam on campus with the live section. If the online final exam conflicts with another exam, then the student should contact Charles Scott, student service manager for IIT Online, at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange to take the online final exam with a proctor at another time.
- Exam Times Conflict: Notify the One Stop at email@example.com of any exam time conflicts or if you have three or more exams on the same day before the last day to withdraw from class.
Exams at Downtown Campus
This information does not apply to exams for ID, LAW, and IPMM courses.
Final exams for courses taught at Downtown Campus will be held on the same day and time as the regular class during finals week.
Instructors: If you need to change the day/time of a final exam or need another classroom at Downtown Campus, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
Please contact the Office of the Registrar with questions regarding this exam schedule at email@example.com. Please remember to use your IIT email address and include your full name and student number (if applicable) when contacting our office.