An apostille is much like an international notarization, with rules and regulations agreed upon in the Hague Convention of 1961. The apostille process serves as a way for documents to be recognized across international borders. If you are overseas and your home country requires your certified diploma or some other element of your academic record, our office can help you through this procedure.
It should be noted that in many cases when your home country requests a certified diploma, what they are actually requesting is a document certifying that you attended Illinois Institute of Technology and were awarded the degree that you claim to have been awarded.
To Request Apostille Documents
- Choose which document(s) you would like as apostilles from the options below.
- Order each document you need by following the instructions found at each link in red. For transcript and degree verification orders, have the documents sent to the Office of the Registrar at Illinois Institute of Technology:
IIT - Office of Registrar
3424 South State Street, Suite 2014
Tech Park South Building
Chicago, IL 60616
- For transcript and degree verification orders, notify us of your request at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide any additional instructions.
We offer the following options for satisfying an apostille certification request:
- An official transcript. Your academic transcript lists all the subjects you completed, the credit units for each subject, and the grades you received. It also includes your GPA as well as any degrees you have received from IIT. The transcript may satisfy the requirements of your home country.
- A degree verification. Degree verifications are used by students and outside agencies to verify the current or past status of a student at IIT. Illinois Institute of Technology has entered into a formal agency agreement and has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to respond to all inquiries for written verification of degrees awarded, verification of past attendance, and confirmation of current enrollment status. Illinois Institute of Technology warrants that the results of the inquiries delivered by the National Student Clearinghouse, acting as our agent, are based on our records. The National Student Clearinghouse should be considered as a primary source provider for verification of degrees and confirmation of attendance of past or present attendees of Illinois Institute of Technology, just as if the information had been provided directly by the Office of the Registrar. For further information, please visit the National Student Clearinghouse website or call the National Student Clearinghouse at 703.742.4200.
- A diploma. If you require an apostille diploma, you will need to order a replacement diploma and make the appropriate selection in the form—please see the form for further information.
Our office will have the document(s) certified by the State of Illinois and then shipped to you. We have a notary public available to help with this process.
Additional Assistance and Questions
You can reach the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com. Please remember to include your full name and provide identifying information (student number, date of birth, etc.) when contacting our office.