The Payroll Department strives to pay all internal and external customers (students, faculty, staff and governmental agencies) in an accurate and timely manner and to treat each pay check as if it were our own.
Payroll Office Responsibilities
The Payroll Office responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review of all Payroll Authorization info after input into BannerHR by Human Resources and Student Employment Offices.
- ITV System approval of all ITV’s (Income Tuition Vouchers) for stipends; printout of approved vouchers and calculation of per pay period payment amounts.
- Input all pay information from ITVs into BannerHR.
- Set up time sheet approvers in BannerHR.
- Input of hours worked into BannerHR from Timesheet Adjustment Form.
- Contact Departments for approval of electronic time sheets not in “completed” status prior to finalization of payroll.
- Input of Direct Deposit Authorization Forms into BannerHR.
- Input of all W-4 info into BannerHR.
- Update employee addresses.
- Print paychecks; send Direct Deposit file to Finance.
- Stop pay and reissue lost pay checks.
- Prepare CDV for employees’ closed bank accounts when needed.
- Process voids check via BannerHR.
- Produce Supplemental Payrolls upon requests.
- Completion of Employment Verification Forms (VOEs).
- Input of Wage Withholding Orders (i.e., garnishments, tax levies, child support, and bankruptcy) into BannerHR.
- Prepares CDV (Cash Disbursement Requests) for forwarding of monies withheld for Wage Withholding Orders.
- Production of pay stubs containing year-to-date figures upon employee requests.
- Prepare tax deposit payment request after each pay cycle.
- Preparation and distribution of annual W-2s and 1042s; generation of duplicate W-2s/1042s upon request.
- Preparation and filing of quarterly Federal and State tax returns.
- Assist OTS with answering of employee inquires.
- Answer customer inquiries via walk-ins, email and telephone.