Illinois Institute of Technology libraries offer a multitude of resources and services for students, faculty, and researchers.
Many library resources are available online and can be accessed from your home, office or dorm room!
- Books – In addition to a robust collection of current and historical print materials, full-text e-books are accessible online
- Journals – Over 30,000 print and online journals, magazines, and newspapers from around the globe
- Databases – Over 100 research databases provide access to scholarly literature on all academic subjects
- Research Guides – Tutorials that show how to use all types of library resources are available online
- Subject Guides – Helpful guides assembled by librarians point to the best databases, journals, and web sites for each academic subject
- Research Tools – Our libraries offer browser plugins, toolbars, and other software to help manage your research
These services help you make the most of the library.
- Ask a Librarian – Reference librarians are available at the library and via email, IM, or phone to answer your research questions
- My Account – Every student has access to an online library account to manage items checked out: renew books, track requests, and more
- Off-campus access – Library users have worldwide access to subscribed online resources from any Internet connection
- Interlibrary Loan – If the information you need isn't available on-campus or online, the library can quickly obtain it for you from another library
- Instruction – Convenient, drop-in classes on research methodology and finding information efficiently using library resources
- Computing – The libraries are a full-service computer lab, including scanners, printers, and wi-fi