Convenient and Comprehensive
Jules F. Knapp Entrepreneurship Center offers a wide variety of supportive services for start-up and existing small businesses located in and around Illinois Institute of Technology.
Innovation drives today’s business. But innovation is only the beginning. The road to commercializing a product idea or revolutionary new service is difficult and filled with obstacles. The Jules F. Knapp Entrepreneurship Center is available to help you find resources to overcome these obstacles, and get you on the path to success.
Whether you need help developing realistic cash flow projections, finding your break-even point, accessing capital or helping you hire your first employee, turn to the Knapp Center.
Provide clients with excellent one-on-one technical assistance; offer referrals to reputable resources and partners; deliver educational programming and seminars on topics of value; and support IIT students, faculty, alumni and the community at large in their entrepreneurial endeavors.
Other Entrepreneurial Resources Under the IIT Small Business Umbrella
Location, Location, Location
Consider renting space at IIT’s University Technology Park or Business Incubator. Tenants who choose to start or expand their new businesses receive the following benefits:
- Subsidized rent
- Access to university faculty and equipment
- Janitorial services
- Heating and cooling
- Student-work employment program, a referral service that matches employers with qualified student job seekers
- Access to amenities: cafeteria, conference center, meeting rooms, auditorium, and parking
- Convenient access via CTA Red and Green Lines, and several CTA bus routes
The Ed Kaplan Family Institute for Innovation and Tech Entrepreneurship will provide an environment optimal for teaching and developing the basic elements of innovation—idea creation, design methods, rapid prototyping, and enterprise creation. As the place on campus where faculty, students, and creative leaders from private enterprise will interact and exchange ideas, the institute will allow IIT to realize its vision of distinctive education: developing leadership and teamwork skills in multidisciplinary environments, encouraging entrepreneurial activities, and integrating design methods into the curriculum. It will emphasize creativity over analysis at all levels of education.
- The Technology Commercialization Office
- Chicago-Kent College of Law’s Entrepreneurial Law Clinic and the Intellectual Property Management and Markets program.
- The Office of Community Affairs offers two exciting programs for small business owners: Enhancing Technology for Small Businesses (ETSB) and Business Technology Assistance Program (BTAP).
- The Interprofessional Projects Program (IPRO), which offers an innovative and comprehensive approach to providing students with a real-world project-based experience – the integration of interprofessional perspectives in a student team environment.
- The Office of Professional Development provides graduate and undergraduate studies in Information Technology Leadership, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship as well as several Information Technology Certificate programs.
- IIT Stuart School of Business offers intellectually rigorous business education at all levels, from baccalaureate to doctoral. Core competencies include creativity, innovation, entrepreneurship, finance, sustainability, incisive decision-making, and leadership.