Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT) welcomes students from VanderCook College of Music to experience the convenience of living on campus during the summer of 2016.
With modern residence hall living options, a world class campus center, several dining options and easy access to downtown Chicago, Illinois Institute of Technology offers all of the benefits of home in the heart of the city. Students will live in the comfort of State Street Village (SSV) in single or double suite-style rooms. Amenities for each unit include a shared bathroom, wireless internet, cable, access to community kitchens, laundry facilities on-site and 24-hour security. Enjoy a world-renowned architectural landmark!
Early Registration is strongly advised. Campus housing is not guaranteed and is first-come, first-served.
Please see the Summer Pricing Guide for last year's pricing for the VanderCook Six-Week Program and MECA Program. A 2016 pricing guide will be posted in February.
A STEP by STEP Guide for Registration.
1) To request your preferred room and board plan, please visit MyRoom. This should take you directly to the Summer VCM registration. If you have stayed with us before, you are able to use your old log in information. You can reset your username/password if you’ve forgotten it. If you are new to the program, please set up your account so we have your address and contact information on file.
2) Upon entering the MyRoom portal, you will be able to select whether you are signing up for multiple weeks for MECA or the Six-Week program.
3) Once you submit your application through MyRoom, you will receive a confirmation email with a payment link. See below for additional details about payment forms:
- The payment link is for the $100.00 security deposit to reserve your room which is due one (1) week from the day you register for housing as well as to pay online in full your balance with a credit/debit card.
- If you need to pay by check, please email checks to the Office of Residence and Greek Life c/o Kathryn Murray, Residence Hall Director 3241 S. Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL 60616. Checks must be sent two weeks prior to your initial check-in.
- If you are waiting for a loan from VanderCook College of Music, we must receive confirmation from VanderCook that you have been approved for a loan. It is your responsibility to send to our attention an email or letter confirmation that you have been approved and the timeline of when this loan will be disbursed. You will have 48hrs upon disbursement to pay your balance in full or your housing will be terminated.
- WE DO NOT ACCEPT CASH.
4) Payment must be made in full prior to your arrival to campus (except if you have been approved for a loan). If you fail to make your payment in full prior to your arrival, your housing will be cancelled. Security deposits are non-refundable.
5) Refunds will be issued if you submit in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two (2) weeks prior to your check-in date a request to cancel. We realize there are always unforeseen reasons why you are unable to attend. Please allow up to five (5) business days for reimbursements especially during the Summer Conference season.
6) An email will be sent confirming your payment has been made in full within three (3) business days of your last payment received.
7) Planning to drive your car? Need a place to park it? Please go to our ACAPS website to sign up for a permit online. Refunds and/or additional inquiries about parking services must be through our Access, Card, and Parking Services Office.
8) Two (2) days prior to your arrival, you will receive an email regarding Check-In information and any relevant information you need to know about your accommodations.
9) Something missing? Still have questions? Please reach out to email@example.com or contact Shavonn Nowlin, Residence Hall Director, at (312)567-5076 for more information.