The option to arrive on campus prior to the regular opening of the halls (August 19, 2015) is available to the following students:
- Students who are new undergraduate students at IIT
- Students who are members of a University-sponsored group or students involved in opening activities
- Students who submit requests and receive approval - closed
Residents will be assessed a daily charge of $45 per person per night to check in prior to August 19 (if applicable). Charges will be billed to the resident's account during the first few weeks of fall term.
Early Check-In for Members of an Approved Organization or Group
All students that are a part of a special move-in group have had their names submitted by their coach or supervisor. Students approved for early move-in will receive a verification letter confirming their arrival.
Early Check-In for Individual Students
All individual students requesting to arrive prior to Aug. 19 must complete the Early Arrival Request Form. Closed for individual submission.
Once the student has completed and submitted the Early Check-In Reservation request, the form will be reviewed by the appropriate staff members. The student will be notified by email if the request is approved or not within 48-hours.
Note: Early check-in reservations submitted on the same day as arrival may not be honored.
Individual Early Check-in Dates and Times
- Thursday, August 13th, 5-9pm
- Friday, August 14th, 9am-3pm
- Saturday, August 15th, 1-4pm
- Sunday, August 16th, 9am-3pm
Where to Check-in as an Early Arrival
Check-in locations outside of August 14th and 19th will be held in McCormick Student Village at the posted times.