Close Menu


New students are not required to make a campus housing pre-payment. Depending on your class year and college, however, students may be required to make an admissions prepayment.

Illinois Tech students will be billed through their student account with the Office of Student Accounting. Contact the Office of Admissions for information about admissions prepayments at Illinois Tech. Students of Vandercook College of Music and Shimer College will need to contact their Office of Admissions to determine if any additional prepayments or admissions deposits are required.

Shimer College and Vandercook College of Music will be billed and can make payments to their applicable college tuition office.

Financial Considerations

The Office of Residence and Greek Life provides a variety of room and meal plan options. Each option is available at a unique rate.

Illinois Institute of Technology recognizes paying for a high-quality education is a primary concern for students and their families. Providing accurate and timely room and board rates is important to Residence and Greek Life and Financial Aid.

When making decisions about room and board plans, please keep your Financial Aid award package in mind. Standard award packages are based off of the costs of a double occupancy McCormick Student Village room and the Hawk-14 meal plan.

If you are utilizing Federal Financial Aid to cover some or all of your room and board charges, please contact the Office of Financial Aid to determine how your room and meal selection affects your out of pocket expenses. If you would like to make an appointment with a Financial Aid Counselor, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 312-567-7219 or