Fraternity and Sorority Events
Social Events, as defined in the 2015-2016 Student Handbook will follow the proper guest list and time line.
Non-Social Events, will follow the guidelines below:
Register Events on HawkLink for the following reasons, 3 business days in advance:
- Recruitment Events (Greek Council requirement)
- Events with Significant Risk- anything that involves members/potential new members/guest having to sign a waiver or notifying Public Safety. This includes off campus events!
- Fundraising Events- Campus Life Liaison can help follow lIT procedures.
- Events that Require Room Reservations
Social Event Tips and Tricks
- Serve unsalted food and non-alcoholic beverages
- Set a starting and ending time for the event
- Keep people away from roofs, open windows, balconies, open wells and docks
- Provide safe transportation - a designated driver program or third party transportation service
- Post signs which indicate your chapter complies with and enforces laws and policies with respect to alcohol
- Do not use alcohol as the main attraction
- Do not allow bottles
- If some is intoxicated, make sure that he or she is taken care of properly
- Hire security
- Have a procedure or policy defined with dealing with difficult guests
- "After hours" parties are not encouraged - often many of the guests who will attend are already intoxicated, which will increase your liability exposure