Students and Alumni
Career Fairs and other recruiting events are a great opportunity to meet representatives of companies looking to hire talented employees—including Illinois Tech students and graduates. At Career Fairs you also can get tips about finding a great job from students who are getting ready to graduate or alumni who are back to recruit more outstanding talent.
Upcoming Career Fair Dates
Fall 2016 Career Fair
Wednesday, September 21, 2016
12-4 p.m. │ Hermann Hall
Spring 2016 Career Fair
Thursday, February 23, 2017
12-4 p.m. │ Hermann Hall
Most Recent Career Fair
Winter 2016 Career Fair
Thursday, February 4, 2016
12-4 p.m. | Hermann Hall
List of COMPANIES That ATTENDed
Career Fair Preparation
Before you attend a Career Fair, ask yourself the following questions. Have you:
- Made an account in Jobs4Hawks?
- Updated and uploaded your resume?
- Updated your LinkedIn profile?
- Researched companies of interest?
- Prepared and rehearsed an elevator pitch?
- Signed up for workshops leading up to the Fair?
View our complete Career Fair Checklist
Professional dress is required for entry to our campus-wide Career Fair. Jeans, t-shirts, casual shoes (sneakers), shorts, and hats* will not be permitted. For more details, see the Illinois Tech Career Fair Style Guide or contact the Office of Campus Life. * We do not discriminate against headwear worn for religious or cultural identity.
Prior to the main Career Fair, the Office of Campus Life hosts professional etiquette workshops and sponsors a Clothing Closet for students who want to borrow ties, shoes, and more. See our calendar for details.
Information for employers is available here.
Customized Career Fairs and Career Connections
Student Organization Career Fairs
Career Services invites student organizations to partner with us. Our active and collaboration will benefit your student organization by creating special connections with Career Services, Alumni Affairs, employers, graduate school representatives and other professionals. We will work with your student leadership and membership to create a set of activities and opportunities to help your organization develop bridges and multiple pathways into the workplace with personalized workshops, opportunities to co-sponsor events, and co-host panels. We strongly encourage student groups to collaborate in their partnership with us throughout the year.
Co-sponsor and co-create a career services event to develop a specific event or workshop for your student organization, develop professional skills that positively impact your interaction with employers and other professionals. Benefits include:
- Networking and relationship building with employers in your field
- Connect your alumni to the Career Services team to further develop referrals for internships, co-ops and full-time positions
- Employer contact referrals
- Speak with employers, graduate school representatives, and other professional connections looking to serve as guest speakers
- Receive special advance notice of events, workshops, and programming, targeted to your group’s needs
- Your student organization must be registered and in good standing with the Office of Campus Life
- You agree to promote Career Services’ events to your members, peer organizations if applicable, and alumni mentors, after which you must complete a follow-up survey
- You provide contact information for at least two officers so we can reach you quickly with connections to employers and events