CAREER FAIR APP LAUNCH!
View companies, save your favorites, and view the exact table locations on The Fairs App. Click on the "Star" image by an employer name to add them as a favorite and they will show up on your map.
DOWNLOAD THE APP
Click below to download from the Apple App Store (iPhone/iPad).
Click below to download from the Google Play Store (Android).
View our Career Fairs app online to see companies for the February 4th Career Fair.
Hermann Hall, Suite 113
students will be seen on a first come, first served basis
To make an appointment with a Career Coach, log in to Jobs4Hawks and request an appointment under “Career Tools and Advising” on the right panel.
Career Services at Illinois Tech is the place to begin when you want to get serious about pursuing your career. We want you to start thinking about life after Illinois Tech from the first day you walk onto campus. We’re here to help you map out your career plan, to guide you to meaningful work, and to support you throughout your entire professional life.
Start early. Start networking. Start learning how to write a really effective cover letter and resume. Start figuring out how to stand out in a crowded, competitive marketplace. Start discovering how to interview well. Start practicing how to negotiate. And start cleaning up your social media profiles!
Start now—and be ahead of the curve when you launch your career.
Career Services at Illinois Tech. Life after Illinois Tech starts here.
Take the First Steps
- During your first semester (yes, your first semester!) at Illinois Tech, meet with a Career Development Coach or Peer Career Coach to start developing your career plan.
- Read the Illinois Tech Career Services Resume Guide to begin to develop a high-quality, professional resume.
- Open a Jobs4Hawks account—our online database for resume posting and job listings.
- Like our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter to keep up with workshops, career fairs, specialized employer events, job announcements, and more.
- Add Career Services events to your calendar.
Develop Your Skills
- Attend our workshops, learn to write a resume that will stand out, get interviewing tips, and discover what career path might fit you the best.
- Research your industry. For example, if you are a civil engineer and you want to work in Chicago, then start following companies that hire...civil engineers!
- Apply for internships and co-ops. Get experience early—and get your foot in the door as soon as you can so that you can make a great impression on a future employer.
- Go to IIT’s on-campus Career Fairs. It’s never too early to check out which companies are coming to interview Illinois Tech students—and to get tips about finding a great job from students who are getting ready to graduate or alumni who are back to recruit more outstanding talent.
And After You Get That Dream Job...
- Keep in touch and let us know where you landed. We want to celebrate your successes and share your story with incoming students, our faculty, and alumni, including your fellow graduates.
- Take our Graduate Placement Survey. Job placement information impacts improvements for services and programming, and provides a frame of reference for current and future students seeking connections with professionals in their field. Furthermore, generating data on successful job placement increases the value of your degree now and in the future.
- Continue to grow. Once you’re on the job we can help you move up your career ladder with advice and workshops on how to manage a staff, how to handle office politics, and the secrets of successful leaders.
- Come back and visit. Remember where you got your start! When your company needs to hire more bright young men and women, come back and see what the new waves of graduates can contribute to your field.