We are hiring!
Career Services, together with Student Employment and the Global Leaders Program under the office of Student Access, Success, and Diversity Initiatives, is looking for a Communications and Social Media Assistant to assist in writing, marketing, social media posting and other online communications for events.
Pay rate: $11-$12/hr
Hours: 10-20 hrs/week
Position Start Date: ASAP
- Assist in the writing, production, and distribution of marketing and communications tools and materials, including but not limited to mass email communications, weekly web and social media content, blogs, and e-newsletters
- Manage, measure, and report on social media and email campaigns
- Work with supervisor and central Marketing & Communications office to create flyers, posters, and other marketing materials for career services and employer events.
- Respond to ad hoc, quick turnaround marketing and communications-related requests of staff, such as minor website updates, communications related to event changes, or a post-event description
- Improve upon existing internal M&C procedures
- Support staff with general administrative duties and daily office operations
- Help staff with special or immediate projects as they arise
- Exceptional English writing and editing skills (must be fluent in English)
- Ability to articulate clearly verbally and in writing to a variety of people at all levels
- Skilled at switching between professional and casual voice in writing
- Well-versed in and enthusiastic about using social media platforms
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and complete time-sensitive tasks
- Strong administrative skills and a methodical approach to handling tasks and meeting deadlines
- Good academic and judicial standing with IIT
- GPA minimum: 3.0
- Familiarity with Google Drive applications
- Commitment to diversity and equity, including comfort working with a diverse team
- Ideal candidates are creative, take initiative to solve problems, are very detailed focused, and are flexible in busy environments
- Desirable but not essential: experience with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, WordPress and/or HTML
- Preferred: Familiarity with standard style guides for writing (AP, Chicago, etc.)
To Apply: Submit resume. cover letter, unofficial transcripts and short writing sample (200-500 words), through Jobs4Hawks (job ID: 24284237). Search "Communications and Social Media Assistant."