IIT's Accounts Payable Department is responsible for:
- Receiving vendor invoices
- Entering information from those that reference a valid IIT purchase order into IIT's financial system
- Examining those that do not reference a valid IIT purchase order to determine whether they are legitimate obligations of the university and, if so, make sure they are sent to the person with payment approval authority
- Processing check requests from IIT Departments
- Controlling the distribution of checks generated to pay the invoices
Checks are printed on Mondays and Thursdays and are held 24 hours before mailing.
Accounts Payable can provide information related to the progress of payments such as check number, printed date, and mailing date.
Travel and Expense Reimbursement Policy Change Notification - Effective January 1, 2012