Important Shuttle Announcement: MC-DTC Shuttle Changes Effective February 1, 2016
It has come to our attention that with the implementation of the LoopLink transportation upgrade plan downtown, there have been a number of traffic management changes implemented along our Mies to Downtown Campus shuttle route. In order to comply with the City of Chicago’s regulations, the elimination of certain stops has become necessary.
The following stops will be discontinued:
- NORTHBOUND: 225 S. Canal Union Station
- SOUTHBOUND: Clinton Street (btwn Washington & Madison) Ogilvie Station
- SOUTHBOUND: Clinton & Adams (SW Corner) Union Station
The closest remaining stops to the discontinued ones are:
- NORTHBOUND: Madison Street (btwn Canal & Clinton) Ogilvie Station
- NORTHBOUND: Adams & Jefferson (SE Corner) Downtown Campus
- SOUTHBOUND: Adams & Jefferson (SE Corner) Downtown Campus
These changes will take effect beginning Monday, February 1, 2016. The remaining stops will retain their current schedule at this time. View the updated schedule here.
Please direct questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shuttle Schedule Change Q&A
Why did the schedule change? The current stops near Union Station are now reserved for the buses owned and operated by the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA). Please see the announcement regarding LoopLink.
- Can the shuttle stop a few blocks south of Union Station? Illinois Tech’s Downtown Campus (at the corner of Adams and Jefferson) is in very close proximity of both train stations: Union Station (Canal Street entrance) is only 1 block east of the Downtown Campus; Ogilvie Station is only 2 blocks north.
- What are the other commuter shuttles doing? It is our understanding that all non CTA buses must comply with the new regulations.
- Why did the shuttle retain its northbound Ogilvie Station stop? At this time there is no indication that the LoopLink project will effect this location. Please note that we continuously evaluate the shuttle schedule; however mid-term changes are unlikely unless required.
Sign up at the bottom of this page for Shuttle Alerts.
REVISED SHUTTLE SCHEDULE EFFECTIVE MONDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2016
The Illinois Tech Shuttlebus
The university offers a complimentary year round shuttlebus for active students, faculty, and staff. The following campuses have regularly scheduled shuttle service. Please note that the shuttlebus cannot make additional stops that are not identified on the current ShuttleBus schedule
Mies Campus (MC), 3300 South Federal Street, Chicago
Downtown Campus (DTC), 565 West Adams Street, Chicago
Daniel F. and Ada L. Rice Campus (SAT), 201 East Loop Road, Wheaton, IL
Moffett Campus (IFSH), 6502 South Archer Road, Bedford Park, IL
The ACaPS Office strives to facilitate a reliable shuttle service for the Illinois Tech community. At times, unforeseen occurrences such as traffic, construction or inclement weather delays may impact the timeliness of scheduled routes. We are currently exploring enhanced communication methods such as self-service mobile tracking, as well as intermediate methods of alerts and evaluating associated resources required for delivery. We will keep our shuttle community engaged with developments. In the meantime, please contact support as follows.
MONDAY-FRIDAY, 8:30AM-5:00PM 312.567.8968
MONDAY-FRIDAY, 5:00PM-8:30AM 708.243.6005
Mies Campus (MC)-Downtown Campus (DTC) Route
Operates year-round between Illinois Tech's Mies and Downtown Campus, making stops at the Union Station and Ogilvie Transit Center along the way. Service is provided Monday-Friday, with rush hour and late evening routes. Service is limited to morning and evening rush hour only when school is not in session and no service is provided on university holidays. In an effort to support safe transportation for off-campus students between Illinois Tech's Mies Campus and its neighboring residence areas, the shuttlebus is currently making stops between east 31st Street and South King Drive on select runs.
Mies Campus (MC)-Moffett Campus (IFSH) Route
Operates year-round between Illinois Tech's Mies and Moffett Campus, Monday-Friday, and Saturdays during the Fall term only. Service is not provided on university holidays.
Monday-Friday Schedule (Fall & Spring) Mies Campus (MTCC: 33rd & Wabash): 8:00am Moffett (IFSH): 3:45pm
Saturdays, One-Way (Fall Only) Mies Campus (MTCC: 33rd & Wabash): 8:30am
Summer 2015 Schedule (TBD)
Mies Campus (MC)-Rice Campus (SAT) Route
Operates between Illinois Tech's Mies and Rice Campus on Mondays and Wednesdays. Service is not provided when school is not in session.
Monday and Wednesday Schedule: Mies Campus (Hermann Hall: 3241 S. Federal): 3:45pm Rice Campus: 9:45pm