Parking lots on Main Campus require a valid IIT parking permit. Parking and traffic regulations are enforced through the issuance of citations and in certain cases, vehicle tow from campus. Designated parking areas are marked by signs or electronic means. We do not post signs everywhere parking is restricted, however we do mark all areas that are valid parking lots.
Standard parking enforcement hours are Monday-Friday, 7am - 7pm. Saturdays and Sundays are complimentary on a first-come, first-served basis for general spaces campus wide. Reserved spaces, restricted areas, and no parking zones are enforced 24 hours a day. Visit the Parking & Traffic Policy Page for the full regulations.
|No Valid Visitor Permit||$15.00|
|Parked Outside the Lines||$15.00|
|No Valid Parking Permit||$50.00|
|*No Parking Anytime||$75.00|
|*Parked in a Handicap Space||$100.00|
|*Parked in a Reserved Space||$100.00|
*Violations are subject to immediate tow.
Loss of Parking Privileges
Any of the following acts can result in loss of parking privileges:
- Falsification of registration.
- Registration of a vehicle by or for a person ineligible for parking privileges under these regulations.
- The sale, gift, or exchange of any valid university parking permits to another person regardless of eligibility for parking privileges under these regulations.
- A record of THREE or more unpaid parking citations.
- Other serious and/or repeated violations of these regulations.
Access, Card, and Parking Services will make reasonable efforts to notify customers of pending enforcement action, but failure to receive prior notification does not negate the enforcement action. All registered vehicles of the responsible customer will remain tow eligible until satisfactory payment arrangements have been made. An eligible vehicle may be towed regardless of whether a violation has occurred at the time the vehicle is identified parked on campus. Repeat violators may be reported to their respective Department Head or the Dean of Students.
University initiated vehicle tows are executed by a private towing company working in agreement with IIT. Vehicles may be towed from campus for the following reasons:
- Three or more outstanding citations. This means the vehicle has been issued at least three citations and no actions have been taken to appeal or pay the fines. (See Loss of Parking Privileges above.)
- Parking in a reserved space, restricted area, or no parking zone.
- Parking in such a way as to constitute a serious hazard or that obstructs vehicular or pedestrian traffic, the operation of emergency equipment and/or making of essential repairs. This includes, but is not limited to, vehicles parked in fire lanes, blocking loading areas, or parked on sidewalks or grass.
- Any vehicle identified as abandoned. This means the vehicle does not display proper state registration (license plates) or is in an obvious state of disrepair and satisfactory arrangements for removal have not been made.
Owners of vehicles that have been towed will need to contact Rendered Services to retrieve their vehicle.
3611 S. Iron Street
Chicago, IL 60608
Access, Card, and Parking Services is unable to provide transportation to the towing facility.